HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST
Episode 04: Jaclyn von Oven | Best Buy
Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe.
Reinventing with purpose: The power of reimagining customer experiences at Best Buy
In our latest HX Superheroes episode, we had the pleasure of hosting Jaclyn von Oven, Director of Customer Experience at Best Buy. She’s a proud Midwesterner, hockey mom, and a wannabe FBI agent.
Discover how a natural disaster kickstarted an electronic retail revolution and how Best Buy (originally Sound of Music) rose to the top after changing its name and business tune.
Forsta’s CEO Kyle Ferguson and Jaclyn von Oven delve into the impact pandemic had on Best Buy’s business, the innovations required to thrive amid unprecedented disruption and a whole lot about data democratization.
From frontline workers to corporate officers, von Oven shares the two customer-led questions everyone at Best Buy asks themselves. And let’s us in on a secret of what’s in Best Buy’s CX toolbox.
Plus, you can hear what inclusive leadership looks like at Best Buy today – Forbes’ #15 top female-friendly place to work.
- 1:12 Intro
- 2:20 Who is Jaclyn?
- 3:04 Jaclyn’s career trajectory
- 5:56 The balancing act of hybrid work
- 7:31 The tornado that changed it all
- 8:28 It’s not just about TVs
- 9:54 What is at the core of CX at Best Buy
- 12:04 Best Buy’s Secret sauce
- 13:05 The transformative impact of the pandemic
- 15:23 How to be agile when you’re time-pressed
- 18:38 Communication is a two-way street
- 19:25 Fostering a customer-centric organization
- 21:14 What is in Best Buy’s CX toolbox
- 22:07 The power of dashboards – data democratization
- 22:48 What is the most important thing for a Best Buy customer? Blue Shirts!
- 24:14 Best Buy #15 on Forbes list of top female-friendly places to work
- 24:55 Jaclyn’s advice for aspiring leaders
- 25:24 Walking in your customer’s shoes
- 26:10 Correlation between employee engagement and customer engagement
- 27:19 The future of CX is in predictive analytics
- 27:50 No need to survey customers in the future?
- 29:19 Jaclyn’s best customer experience and why
- 30:39 Jaclyn’s Leadership superpower
- 31:17 A career as an FBI agent?
HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST Episode 08: Sven Gierlinger | Northwell Health Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe. Can a patient transform the healthcare industry? When it comes to healthcare, the patient experience goes beyond just the physical. Sven Gierlinger, Chief Experience Officer at Northwell Health, is the vanguard of change in […]
How emerging tech could help us tell the Human Experience story Throughout history, humans have used stories to illustrate their lives and communicate with each other. A story is the fastest way to help your audience understand what you mean. And with just a handful of storytelling techniques – and cutting-edge technology – you can […]
White Paper The successful habits of CX professionals The cat’s out of the bag. We couldn’t keep it a secret anymore. We’ve gathered insights from 435 professionals acing the CX game and we’re ready to share them with you. Everything from practical habits and tactical tips to proven strategies is included in The […]
Get industry insights that matter,
delivered direct to your inbox