HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST
Episode 04: Jaclyn von Oven | Best Buy
Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe.
Reinventing with purpose: The power of reimagining customer experiences at Best Buy
In our latest HX Superheroes episode, we had the pleasure of hosting Jaclyn von Oven, Director of Customer Experience at Best Buy. She’s a proud Midwesterner, hockey mom, and a wannabe FBI agent.
Discover how a natural disaster kickstarted an electronic retail revolution and how Best Buy (originally Sound of Music) rose to the top after changing its name and business tune.
Forsta’s CEO Kyle Ferguson and Jaclyn von Oven delve into the impact pandemic had on Best Buy’s business, the innovations required to thrive amid unprecedented disruption and a whole lot about data democratization.
From frontline workers to corporate officers, von Oven shares the two customer-led questions everyone at Best Buy asks themselves. And let’s us in on a secret of what’s in Best Buy’s CX toolbox.
Plus, you can hear what inclusive leadership looks like at Best Buy today – Forbes’ #15 top female-friendly place to work.
- 1:12 Intro
- 2:20 Who is Jaclyn?
- 3:04 Jaclyn’s career trajectory
- 5:56 The balancing act of hybrid work
- 7:31 The tornado that changed it all
- 8:28 It’s not just about TVs
- 9:54 What is at the core of CX at Best Buy
- 12:04 Best Buy’s Secret sauce
- 13:05 The transformative impact of the pandemic
- 15:23 How to be agile when you’re time-pressed
- 18:38 Communication is a two-way street
- 19:25 Fostering a customer-centric organization
- 21:14 What is in Best Buy’s CX toolbox
- 22:07 The power of dashboards – data democratization
- 22:48 What is the most important thing for a Best Buy customer? Blue Shirts!
- 24:14 Best Buy #15 on Forbes list of top female-friendly places to work
- 24:55 Jaclyn’s advice for aspiring leaders
- 25:24 Walking in your customer’s shoes
- 26:10 Correlation between employee engagement and customer engagement
- 27:19 The future of CX is in predictive analytics
- 27:50 No need to survey customers in the future?
- 29:19 Jaclyn’s best customer experience and why
- 30:39 Jaclyn’s Leadership superpower
- 31:17 A career as an FBI agent?
Episode 05: Sean Albertson | Charles Schwab
HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST Reinventing with purpose: The power of reimagining customer experiences at Charles Schwab Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe. Activating CX culture: How Charles Schwab brought client-first focus to the entire organization Sean Albertson, Head of Client Experiment Measurements […]
A home of one’s own: How Pennymac makes homebuyers happy
A home of one’s own: How Pennymac makes homebuyers happy Tools used As one of the leading mortgage service providers in the country, Pennymac places great emphasis on customer service to ensure their homeowners have the best possible experience throughout their home buying journey. Pennymac was looking for the right technology partner to not only […]
The local experience: How customer experiences are redefining local marketing online and offline
The local experience: How customer experiences are redefining local marketing online and offline Your customer’s experience with your brand begins the moment they are in need of your products or services. Often this takes place well before they ever visit a physical location in the search results. If you’re not positioned well for these critical […]
Learn more about our industry leading platform
Get industry insights that matter,
delivered direct to your inbox