HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST
Episode 06: John Sills | The Foundation
Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe.
Rediscovering the human element: Restoring authenticity in customer experience
CX myth-buster, ardent HX enthusiast, and Managing Partner at The Foundation – John Sills, is more than just words. He’s penned a book on it.
Naturally, we had to have him on the HX Superheroes podcast.
In conversation with our CEO, Kyle Ferguson, Sills talks about the essence of Human Experience, building visceral connections with customers even in big companies, and embedding humanity in CX.
Expect John to tackle tough questions as well. Why didn’t customer satisfaction improve? Why are companies still in the dark about their customers? Where did the emotional connection go?
Intrigued? If you need more convincing, there is some interesting discussion about three major CX myths – loyalty, feedback and ROI.
- 0:00 Teaser
- 0:50 Intro
- 1:09 Who is John Sills?
- 2:33 When we say “human” what do we mean?
- 3:40 HX in financial sector
- 5:45 CX as a planetary system
- 6:56 HSBC: what they got right, where they struggled
- 8:08 The myth of ROI
- 9:25 Different lenses for leaders
- 11:38 How a 25min train delay became John’s favorite experience
- 15:13 Why is CX not improving?
- 16:58 Too many companies think nothing will go wrong
- 17:59 The myth of loyalty
- 21:23 The origin of the book
- 23:04 The worst CX story
- 27:15 The myth of customer feedback
- 28:08 The first thing a CX leader must do
- 28:54 How to get company buy-in
- 31:00 Ditch the averages
- 32:25 Is it gonna get better or worse with AI
- 36:10 A CX strategy you haven’t heard before
- 38:00 Let your people be human
- 47:24 A different career?
HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST Episode 08: Sven Gierlinger | Northwell Health Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe. Can a patient transform the healthcare industry? When it comes to healthcare, the patient experience goes beyond just the physical. Sven Gierlinger, Chief Experience Officer at Northwell Health, is the vanguard of change in […]
HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST Episode 07: Paul Abbott | Amex Global Business Travel Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe. Navigating business turbulence: Amex GBT’s journey of transformation Picture this: You have just taken on the role of CEO at the world’s largest […]
HX SUPERHEROES PODCAST Episode 05: Sean Albertson | Charles Schwab Tune in to this episode wherever you get your podcasts. If you found this episode insightful please like and subscribe. Activating CX culture: How Charles Schwab brought client-first focus to the entire organization Sean Albertson, Head of Client Experiment Measurements and Analytics at Charles Schwab, […]
Get industry insights that matter,
delivered direct to your inbox